Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has several known issues that cause memory leaks. In order to eliminate these memory problems, we recommend using the following settings:
Click Video Options
-Set Overall Graphics Quality slider all the way to the left (Fast)
-Set Overall Texture quality slider all the way to the left (Compatibility Mode (16 meg))
-Disable Environmental Shadows (Uncheck box)
-Set Creature Shadow Detail slider all the way to the left
Click Advanced Video Options
-Set Grass slider all the way to the left (Grass Off)
-Set Creature Wind slider all the way to the left (Off grass)
-Set Number of Dynamic Lights slider all the way to the left
-Set Shadow Casting Lights slider all the way to the left
-Disable "Enable Shiny Water" (Uncheck box)
Still having problems? Try a few of these tips!
- Have you updated your drivers recently? Try rolling back to an old driver.
- Don't know your machine specifications? Run "dxdiag" from a command prompt. There's also an option to save all information if you want to send your dxdiag file to us.
- Do you run antivirus software? If you need a recommendation on free antivirus software that is good for gaming, ask us.
- Run an internet speed test. Are you streaming while you play? WiFi far away from the access point? Is your router using a QoS or traffic management setting to limit bandwith?
- Run a "tracert " with the server's IP address following the command. That will run a trace route of your connection to the server. This can sometimes help identify a problem.