Activating subdual mode can be done by typing "-subdual on" without quotes. Activating this mode entails a number of changes to combat.
In Subdual Mode, a character purposefully inflicts less damage for a possibility to floor or knock out an opponent for a brief time.
Deactivating Subdual Mode can be done by typing "-subdual off" without quotes, and the current state of Subdual Mode can be retrieved by typing "-subdual" without quotes.
Subdual Mode can be very important for certain organized contests and tournaments, enabling judges to fairly assess the more skilled combatant even as they restrain themselves.
|Subdual Mode Summary|
- Creatures using Subdual Mode will now inflict 1/5 of physical damage after all immunities and damage reduction sources are applied.
- Creatures using Subdual Mode will no longer inflict sneak attack or death attack damage dice.
- Creatures using Subdual Mode who confirm a critical hit will now attempt to Subdue their opponent by making a Subdual Severity roll.
- Subdual Severity works the same way as Critical Hit Severity, accounting for all bonuses from armor, monk fighting styles, expertise mode, and so on.
- Attacks that would have received sneak attack or death attack dice instead receive a +5 bonus to their Subdual Severity roll.
- Using a bludgeoning weapon will add +5 to the Subdual Severity roll.
- Using a merciful weapon will add +5 to your Subdual Severity roll.
- A successful critical hit while using Subdual Mode will knock down and stun your opponent for up to 6 rounds.