Blackcoats and Paladins on the Knights of Noromath may obtain special components or holy relics which may be combined with a masterwork weapon to create a Holy Avenger item. Paladins receive this ability as training at third level and sixth level, and the Blackcoat receives this ability as part of their Apothecary and Arsenal class ability.
Holy Avengers follow these stipulations:
- Holy Avengers shine with a 15-foot radius of light.
- Wielding a Holy Avenger requires a sufficient Piety Score (40+).*
- Blackcoats are not able to add Crystal Skulls, Silver Dragon Eyes, or Starry Dew Gems to their Holy Avengers unless they have the help (and thereby the endorsement) of a paladin.
- Holy Avengers can only be wielded by Blackcoats of 2nd level or those with the Paladin Class.
- A Holy Avenger that has an alignment trait such as Good Aligned requires the wielder to be Good Aligned, as well.
- Improving a Holy Avenger typically requires the expenditure of gold and experience points without the requirement of any crafting feat.
- A Holy Avenger may be modified with a total of 10 slots.
- Only one of the following modifications may be applied to a Holy Avenger and only by a paladin of at least 6th level: Crystal Skull, Silver Dragon Eye, Starry Dew Gem
*A blackcoat or paladin who loses piety from dishonorable acts will sense a diminished connection with their deity through their holy sword. An atonement spell can be sought out in order to remove the burden of these misdeeds and errors in discernment on the part of a paladin.
Paladin Holy Sword Effects
|Blessed Reliquary||+1 Enhancement||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 1 Slot|
|Celestial Essence||Good Aligned||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 1 Slot|
|Crystal Skull||+4 Enhancement vs. Undead||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 2 Slots|
|Draconic Emblem||+4 Enhancement vs. Dragon||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 2 Slots|
|Gilding Silver||Silvered||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 1 Slot|
|Holy Chalice||+4 Enhancement vs. Outsiders||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 2 Slots|
|Holy Emblem||+4 Enhancement vs. Shapechangers||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 2 Slots|
|Martyr's Blood||+1 Defending||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 2 Slots|
|Martyr's Heartstone||+2d6 Fire Damage vs. Evil||Paladin 6, 2 Slots|
|Netherworld Stone||Ghost Touch||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 1 Slot|
|Nirvana Codex||Lawful Aligned||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 1 Slot|
|Saint's Waters||Bonus Feat: Extra Turning||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 1 Slot|
|Silver Dragon Eye||+2d6 Divine Damage vs. Evil||Paladin 6, 2 Slots|
|Shattered Edge||Keen||Paladin 3 or Blackcoat 2, 1 Slot|
|Starry Dew Gem||+2d6 Magic Damage vs. Evil||Paladin 6, 2 Slots|